Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sketch..Sketch... And More Sketch


Today I made sketch book sketches of different ideas I had for ASL Club logos. I want them to be aesthetically pleasing and communicate effectively. First I had ASL Club letter hand shapes encased in hieroglyphic circles/dials that contained the alphabet. However, I didn't think this idea to be very beautiful or aesthetic  Then suddenly the idea came to be to put the hands in two very colorfully painted eyes.





The Hieroglyphic dials were supposed to look like they had been dialed in to the right letter in the alphabet, however, I realized that although this idea was cool, it was far too complicated. A good visual design or logo is simple and effective at communicating a powerful idea. This ideas was not only difficult to understand but also did not hold any meaning or importance.

However, this realization was an essential thought to find before taking the next step in the creative process.

I wanted to emphasize the Deaf way of hearing and communicating through their eyes. It was once I recognized the purpose for the logo, that I was able to come up with a better solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment